Placing a family member in a nursing home is a big decision. In Illinois and Missouri, we trust these facilities to care for our elderly loved ones with respect and professionalism.
However, not all nursing homes live up to these expectations, and sometimes, our loved ones may face neglect or abuse.
At Armbruster Dripps Blotevogel LLC, serving clients in both Missouri and Illinois, we understand how important it is to recognize and act upon any signs of mistreatment in nursing homes.
What is Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect?
Nursing home abuse and neglect can take many forms, from physical harm to emotional mistreatment. It could be caused by poorly trained staff, not enough staff, or even staff who don’t care properly for residents.
Signs of mistreatment can include:
- Physical Harm: This can show up as unexplained bruises, cuts, or broken bones. Look out for bedsores or injuries from falls.
- Lack of Basic Care: Signs like dehydration, malnourishment, or poor hygiene can indicate neglect.
- Emotional Changes: If your loved one seems scared, anxious, or depressed, it could be a sign of emotional abuse.
How Armbruster Dripps Blotevogel LLC Can Help
When you suspect abuse or neglect, you need to have a legal team that understands these cases. Our team, serving the St. Louis, Missouri, and East St. Louis, Illinois areas, knows how to handle these types of cases. We can help you and your family in different ways:
- Looking into Your Case: We will listen to your story and look at all the details to understand what happened.
- Legal Advice: We can explain your rights and what steps you can take to protect your loved one.
- Taking Action: If there’s evidence of mistreatment, we can help you take action against the nursing home. This might include seeking money for any harm done or making sure the problem is fixed.
Tips for Families in Illinois and Missouri
If you have a loved one in a nursing home in Illinois or Missouri, there are things you can do:
- Visit Often: Regular visits can help you spot any problems early.
- Ask Questions: Talk to the staff and management. Ask how they train and check their employees.
- Know the Signs: Being aware of the signs of abuse and neglect can help you act quickly if something’s wrong.
Contact an Illinois Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
If you’re worried about a family member in a nursing home in Illinois or Missouri, reach out to us online or call (800) 917-1529. At Armbruster Dripps Blotevogel LLC, we’re ready to listen and offer our help.
You don’t have to deal with this alone. Together, we can make sure your loved ones receive the care and respect they deserve.